I think if I was awesome enough to warrant a sandwich named after me, I’d like it to be really simple, but tasty, and possibly a little bit good for you at the same time. Let’s call it the Designer Sophisticate. What’s in it? Let’s find out!
- 2 slices of sourdough bread
- 3-4 roasted red peppers that were marinated in a little olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and salt and pepper
- a handful of baby spinach
- 2-3 slices of fresh mozzarella, and it’s the kind that comes in the ball, not a brick or shredded in a bag
- a drizzle of the same marinade the peppers were in
Slice it on the diagonal and serve with either a salad or a pasta salad or if you want to be a bit naughty, french fries.